BURR-OFF: (CROSS-) HOLE DEBURRING FORWARD & BACKWARD
Economical deburring & chamfering of bores on the front and back side in one operation
FEATURES OF THE BURR-OFF DEBURRING TOOLS
- Easy handling on all machines
- change of direction of rotation not necessary
- inexpensive tool can be regrinded up to 4 times
- no metall shavings accumulation due to the open special construction
- from Ø 1,57mm up to Ø 5,56mm with a standard burr-off tool
- from Ø 5,56mm with 2 cutting edges standard
- Deburring force adjustable via adjusting screw
- Standard tools from Ø 1,57mm to Ø 16,28mm available from stock
The BURR-OFF is one of the most efficient and economical deburring tools ever made for mass production. The simple, one-piece design is best suited for automated deburring processes with high productivity.
The tool's open slot design prevents tool contamination or metall shaving buildup,
making it ideal for automated equipment and multi-spindle machines. Just like the BURRAWAY, the Burr-Off deburrs the front and/or back of bores in one operation.
BURR-OFF tools from 1.57 mm to 5.56 mm are equipped with one cutting edge. Larger tools have two cutting edges.
SPECIAL DESIGNS & REGRINDING
In addition to the standard BURR-OFF tool, we also offer specially adapted/modified designs for your application, based on a workpiece drawing. Also, take advantage of our cost-effective regrinding service and your BURR-OFF tool will quickly be ready for use again!
1. FRONT DEBURRING
Integrated cutting edges remove the burr when the tool is inserted into the bore.
2. DEBURRING THE BORE
When passing through the bore, the cutting edge is pressed into the tool under the spring compression (the rounded and polished cutting edges do not damage the bore surface).
3. BACKSIDE DEBURRING
In the reverse working feed rate, the back side of the bore is deburred.