BURRLESS CHAMFERING CUTTER: DEFINED CHAMFERING WITHOUT SECONDARY BURRS
Defined chamfering without secondary burr with the world's first V-shaped blade - nominated for the Best of Industry Award 2023
Video 1: Functionality of the Burrless Chamfering Cutter
Video 2: Deburring of a defined outer contour
PATENTED TOOL GEOMETRY
- Highly specialized V-shaped blade for chamfering without secondary burrs
- Ideal for deburring gears
- Long tool life due to high-temperature resistant AlTiCrN coating (type ...-M)
- Extremely sharp cutting edge design without coating (type...-N)
- 3 or 4 cutting edges for high feed rates
- Blunt tip for more stability and higher dimensional accuracy of the tool
The Burrless Chamfering Cutter with the world's first V-shaped blade prevents secondary burrs:
- Downstream deburring processes can be eliminated
- Reduced labor costs due to elimination of manual rework
- Lower tool costs compared to conventional deburring cutters, as a significantly higher tool life is achieved up to the wear characteristic "secondary burr". The tool life can be up to doubled compared to conventional milling cutters.
BURRLESS CHAMFERING CUTTER-VARIANTS
Burrs occur when a tool blade exits the workpiece. However, due to the patented V-shaped blade of the Burrless Chamfering Cutter, the t ool blade only leaves the workpiece when the material has already been sheared off the workpiece. This prevents the formation of burrs. The Burrless Chamfering Cutter ist also best for deburring gear wheels.
The outer area of the blade shapes the chip towards the center of the chamfer.
The inner area of the cutting edge also shapes the chip towards the center of the chamfer.
Finally, the chip is sheared from the workpiece in the center of the chamfer. After this the tool leaves the workpiece.